Thanks, Lar. I did take an MSF course this summer. No way I'd be on the
road without having taken that. But if we learned about lane positioning, I
must have zoned out. I don't recall any questions about it on either my
permit test or the written MSF test.

Regarding countersteering and leaning... I get that the act of
countersteering does cause the bike to lean, so it really is a way of
leaning. I should have phrased my thought differently. I'm really wondering
more about body positioning. When I go into a corner, I am most comfortable
staying pretty much upright and letting the countersteer take care of the
lean. I get a better view of what's ahead, for one, and I feel more stable
on the bike than if I lean my body too. However, I've read and seen videos
that say to lean your body as well. I guess I'm just wondering how you all
feel about this.