On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Francisco Palm <francisco.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Material is very trendy, so I decided to give it a try :-D
>
> I am using Nikola v7.8.0 and deploying on github.
>
> 1) Well, the first one is about the floating action button.
>
> This button doesn't work if kc_fab.js isn't updated as indicated in
> https://github.com/getnikola/nikola-themes/issues/65
>
> Some people new to Nikola could be dissapointed if this feature doesn't
>  work from the start.
>
> 2) Using Jupyter notebooks happens that style <id="notebook-container" class
> ="container"> takes from bootstrap.min.css the value
>
> .container {
>     width: 1170px;
> }
>
> This make the result very ugly. It's strange this un-responsive definition
> coming from bootstrap.
>
> I used in theme.css in material-theme assets the following:
>
> .container {
>     width: 90%;
> }
>
> And everything gets right.
>
> More or less the same with blockquote, then I have to change it to
>
> blockquote {
>     font-size: 13px;
> }
>
> 3) With Jupyter notebooks I was also struggling trying to make syntax
> coloring work.
>
> So, I deactivate USE_BUNDLES and using firebug in Firefox found that ipynb
> convert generates <pre> <span class="whatever"> but code.css had pre.code
> definitions, so I replaced all "pre.code" to "pre" and voilá, syntax
> coloring is working!
>
> I think this problem isn't specific to material-theme but between Nikola
> and Jupyter.
>
> 4) If the search_form is activated appears behind the logo and the title,
> so I had to move it below the navigation_links in base.tmpl.
>
> If the search form is located above the navigation_links the tags between
> navigation_links and search_form come into conflict.
>
> 5) I also had the mathjax problem but that issue was already solved
> with the last update.
>
> I think that's all
>
> F. Palm

E-mail gets lost easily. GitHub issues are not. So, please take the
time and report them on GitHub.

For 1 and 4, please report an issue in the themes repo on GitHub:
https://github.com/getnikola/nikola-themes/issues

For 3, please attempt to reproduce with the built-in bootstrap3 theme
and report an issue in the main repo:
https://github.com/getnikola/nikola/issues

For 2, I’m not really sure about this. Bootstrap *does* have pixel
sizes for max container size, and that’s normal. I think we’d need to
do something with IPython/Jupyter and the HTML it outputs, because
`.container` is too vague.

PGP: 5EAAEA16