I've been making some updates to my site recently and thinking about
starting to use the "updated" metadata field for when I make addenda/errata
for my posts. In doing so, I noticed that "updated" defaults to
render-time, which seems counter-intuitive to me.

What do people think of changing the "updated" metadata field default to be
the value of the "date" field effective nikola v8?

--George