On 16 April 2018 at 05:09, George Leslie-Waksman <waks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nikola already supports a `guid` metadata field for use as the feed post
> identifier and it defaults to url when unspecified. I'm proposing adding the
> option to autogenerate this field on `nikola new_post`

Is there any specific reason why? RSS readers don’t care about the
specific value, path, or guid, or yesterday’s lottery numbers. The
only issue with our path GUIDs is when you change the source file
paths/destinations, which I suppose is rare. Having a random number in
all generated posts doesn’t seem necessary to me — and doing it by
default would just be confusing.

PGP: 5EAAEA16