Thanks for the information. I managed to get nikola
to produce a sub folder with one folder for each markdown file.
I also get an index file with a large list of links named after the
title of each page. However, The links go to a listing of what is in each
folder and not
to the page itself.

I uploaded my site to dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dgjx9g4zlgrh6z9/AAATbl_pJhiR_C5CpcNDAimOa?dl=0
if someone has the time to have a look.
I placed the protocols sub folder below pages, and I edited the conf
according to
https://getnikola.com/creating-a-site-not-a-blog-with-nikola.html to the
best of my understanding.

cheers,

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Chris Warrick <kwpol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2018 at 11:34, Björn Johansson <bjornj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In Jekyll, I have a collection of pages in a sub folder called _protocols
> with a collection of markdown files
>
> If all your protocol pages end up in the same folder in output (as they
> should), you can just set PAGE_INDEX = True and Nikola will generate an
> index page for you. Another option is the post_list directive (if you need
> customizability).
>
> --
> Chris Warrick <https://chriswarrick.com/>
> PGP: 5EAAEA16
>
> --

______O_________oO________oO______o_______oO__
Björn Johansson
Assistant Professor
Departament of Biology
University of Minho
Campus de Gualtar
4710-057 Braga
PORTUGAL
https://metabolicengineeringgroupcbma.github.io
www.bio.uminho.pt
Office direct +351-253 601517 | PT mob.  +351-967 147 704 | SWE mob.  +46
72 740 60 20
Dept of Biology (secretary) +351-253 60 4310  | fax +351-253 678980