I am not fully following what is in the README.  I have understood that the
site generator needs messages so the sidebar could be added to the site.

The files residing under `./plugin/sidebar`: `sidebar.tmpl` and
`sidebar-helper.tmpl` are also crucial for the generator to render a side
bar.

I would appreciate it if you could you provide some pointers of what could
be the issue.

Thanks,