yeeeee, it's πŸŽ„πŸ‘‘advent of nim time! that time of the year where I am
miraculously excited to get out of a bed at 6 am! πŸ˜‚ I plan to blog about my
solutions in nim in my usual repo here:
<https://github.com/pietroppeter/adventofnim>

I also plan to share the link to my solutions in reddit daily threads and
likely on twitter, it is a good way to have some interests in nim from
outsiders. The adventofcode reddit is definitely worth it during advent of
code, lots of people sharing fun or impressing stuff (often both)!

hopefully I will also improve the site, but the main goal for this year is to
have fun doing visualizations with <https://github.com/pietroppeter/p5nim>

πŸŒΈπŸ‘‘p5nim is a wrapper of [p5.js](https://p5js.org/), a great library (+
ecosystem + community) to visualize and animate stuff, mostly targeting
beginners, designers, artists. I picked up some old bindings which were not
working, fixed them, adding features (added support for saving a gif that came
with a recent p5js release, that will come handy to share on twitter), started
adding some examples (love
[this](https://pietroppeter.github.io/p5nim/okazz_220919a.html)) and improving
the api from nim point of view (some great work has been done recently by
@vindaar on instance mode that I plan to use to have multiple p5 instances in
the same page). There are still a few rough edges and missing stuff, the idea
is that using it in advent of code will help me clean this up and make a proper
release.

@PMunch, your streams are great, glad you keep them up!

some generic useful refs:

  * search solutions by language:
[https://aocweb.yulrizka.com/?year=2021&day=1&language=Nim](https://aocweb.yulrizka.com/?year=2021&day=1&language=Nim)
  * jittered scatterplot of leaderboard times:
<http://www.maurits.vdschee.nl/scatterplot/>
  * (new!) a recent nice reddit thread in r/adventofcode has all past problems
categorized (comes with a csv!):
<https://pietroppeter.github.io/p5nim/okazz_220919a.html>