This is just my opinion, but if the maintainers are unresponsive, or even if
your opinion just diverges from the maintainers', then its perfectly reasonable
to fork the project (with a name change) to continue development. That's what
open source is for!

Most discussion happens either here or in the Discord (also accessible via
Matrix or IRC bridges). But overall Nim is a small community.

If you do fork INim, please do advertise here, on discord and in the "this
month" blog posts. I also use Inim as-is currently but I'd be happy to see new
features (colors? better completion?)