> Discrediting comment.

I think it's important to [remember the
context](http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/context-dropping.html) here...

This is a Nim forum - for people who like or want to learn Nim. It seems that
_tulayang came here to evangelize JavaScript, TypeScript, and Rust (the latter
two being direct competitors to Nim). That's fine with me - we can have an open
debate. Nim pursues somewhat different design goals than those languages, and I
for one happen to like it, including Nim's syntax easthetics.

I think TypeScript is uglier than Nim, and it is objectively more verbose. My
statement was intended to be brief and humorous, but it's not a "discrediting
comment". A programmer can spend 40-80+ hours a week staring at code, and when
in the back of your mind you can't help but be repulsed by its ugly syntax and
soulless bureaucratic design, that becomes a major drag...

> Ok then. What programming language are you using? What libraries are you and
> your teams using? What product are you and your teams developing? Are they
> not crap?

This forum was written in Nim. Its source is more readable than anything in
NodeJS, and its performance / scalability should be somewhere between Go and
Rust. I'm not an active programmer right now, but the last few small command
line utilities I wrote were in Nim.

Nim is just getting started...

> I don't think so. In the future Google's ChromeOS will be a successful OS

I'm sure it will. It has a huge company behind it, and any programmer can do
HTML5/JS. But that doesn't mean it's the best possible platform that the best
software philosophers, architects, and developers could come up with.

No one here is seriously claiming that Nim [will dominate the world [a fun meme
from my old FB page]](http://archive.is/GbXz6). We're the rag-tag rebel
alliance here, not Oracle, Google, Microsoft, or even Mozilla. Nim is not
[Peter Keating](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountainhead#Peter_Keating);
Nim is [Howard
Roark](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountainhead#Howard_Roark).