Does anyone out there routinely use this feature of diverging from the style of
an `import` or as I mentioned just follow the lib's conventions? Part of
@dom96's survey should perhaps ask if that aspect is just a "theoretical
nicety".

I mean, someone cared enough about project-internal style consistency to write
NEP1 and someone also cared enough to add that `nim c --nep1` system. I think
if most/all example code/standard and popular libraries use one style that most
people will copy it.

The reasons they would _not_ imitate it are more likely to be either A)
technical like wrapping sensitive libs or B) cultural like some corporate style
guide legislation (of which idents are just one dimension with spacing,
comments, function size, etc. being many others) or C) strong personal
preferences. In those cases, they seem more likely to just reject Nim outright,
but that's just my hunch. C) could cut either way. So, call it 5 out of 6 cases
of rejection for 1 case of ecstatic acceptance. A 6x larger community would
make a world of difference...

So, if it's the primary motivation is just that Nim core personally does not
want to deal with other identifier styles, I doubt there is much value realized
by style insensitivity. In a fully sensitive world they might have to deal with
it 5-10% of the time. Yeah, more than zero.

It's hard to know for sure and definitely late in the game, of course. It's
certainly unique. Maybe it's the killer feature! If it were _easy_ to predict
popularity then the world would be a _very_ different place.