To add to the very good answers so far, I'd mention that there is an issue
which tracks scientific libraries here:

[https://github.com/nim-lang/needed-libraries/issues/77](https://github.com/nim-lang/needed-libraries/issues/77)

And to answer your explicit question whether Nim is _suitable_ for statistics,
I'd answer with a definitive YES. But of course being suitable does not mean
most libraries you'd like to use exist, just that in my opinion it's a perfect
language to write / port those libraries in / to.

Aside from that I'm personally not a fan of e.g. jupyter notebooks anyways. And
given the quick compile times I don't feel the need. I rather like to go the
literate programming path, like e.g. here:

[https://github.com/Vindaar/TimepixAnalysis/tree/refactorRawManipulation/Doc/other](https://github.com/Vindaar/TimepixAnalysis/tree/refactorRawManipulation/Doc/other)