* Not easy to answer, roughly speaking all runtime checks are active by
default and you get a debug build.
  * Use the new `--styleCheck:error` compiler option.
  * Imports have no runtime cost and Nim optimizes procs out that you don't use.
  * Here is the section of koch.nim

    of "tools":
            buildTools(op.cmdLineRest)
            buildNimble(latest, op.cmdLineRest)

    Run

as you can see, "koch tools" does bulid Nimble.

> What I'm looking for is a language as convenient and fast to develop with as
> Python but with static typing, easy deployment (single executable), and
> C-speed runtime. Which is why I'm trying nim again.

Sounds like a good description of Nim for me.