Thank you for your detailed explanation of the current situation and how you
got there. I hope you can find a way to improve the interoperability story of
this promising library.

Regarding the performance of the library I’d say that to me the most important
requirement is to be able to plot huge amounts of data. Ideally, hundreds of
thousands, even millions of points should not be a problem and should not take
more than a few seconds to plot (the less time the better of course :-) ).
Being able to update the plot a few times per second (with a reasonably small
dataset and simple plot) would be nice too (but not need to achieve tens of FPS
or something like that IMHO).

As for the “complex signal” plot, I was referring to a plot with two separate
subplots (place one above the other) where the Y axis zoom is independent but
the X-axis zoom and pan are linked. The idea is that if I want to view the real
component in the range of the 3000th to the 5000th sample I’ll also like to
view the imaginary component in the same range.

Ideally I’d like to be able to simply pass a complex number data frame to the
plotting functions and the library would just know what to do with it (i.e. the
creation of the 2 subplots would be done implicitly and automatically).

I sometimes need to plot the real and imaginary components of a complex signal
on same plot, so supporting that would also be nice but I don’t need it as
often.