Great that you have not already retired!

As you seem to be the only active english speaking gintro user beside myself,
is it OK for you when we remove the old subclassing scheme for next release?
The new style is

    let button = newButton(CountButton, "Counting down from 100 by 5")

    Run

As described in
[http://ssalewski.de/gintroreadme.html#_extending_or_sub_classing_widgets](http://ssalewski.de/gintroreadme.html#_extending_or_sub_classing_widgets)

I think the new style is simpler and generally saves one line of code, and the
old style was already deprecated in gintro 0.7.3.

Or can you imagine a situation where the old style is preferable?

Next gintro release may come soon, with support for gtk 3.98.3 which will
become GTK 4 end of this year. 3.98 introduced a few new classes which are not
gobject based, which generated some additional trouble for the bindings. But
now the examples compile again, I have still to clean up the generator script.

Your proposed glade signal connect is not yet supported, I was not even sure if
that was possible at all. I may have read about it in 2007, but can not
remember currently. Maybe that is a task for next winter.