I just finished writing and publishing
[wbt_nim]([https://github.com/jblindsay/wbt_nim](https://github.com/jblindsay/wbt_nim))
 a Nim-based API for the
[WhiteboxTools]([https://jblindsay.github.io/wbt_book/preface.html](https://jblindsay.github.io/wbt_book/preface.html))
 geospatial data analysis library, which we develop in my research lab.
WhiteboxTools has more than 440 tools for analyzing raster, vector, and LiDAR
data. This includes common GIS, image processing, hydrological, geomorphometric
(DEM), geostatistical, and LiDAR analysis routines. This API is really just a
convenience wrapping around the WhiteboxTools CLI. We're really starting to use
and love Nim in my lab, the Geomorphometry and Hydrogeomatics Research Group,
and this library allows us to interact with WBT through nice Nim scripts to
automate complex workflows. I hope you also find a use for it. As always
feedback is welcome.