I have updated patch a tiny bit. I had to put the ldap activation snippet after the users activation for the chmod to work, of course.

  / Rickard

Den 2012-02-22 11:14:13 skrev Rickard Nilsson <rickard.nils...@telia.com>:

Hi,

Here's a patch that improves LDAP and nscd interoperability a bit. It does
two things:

* If you have a bind password in /etc/ldap.conf, it sets the user nscd as
owner of that file, since otherwise nscd can't properly look up LDAP
users. It seems to work fine anyway in most cases, but for some reason the
/run/current-system/activate causes LDAP users to disappear until you
restart nscd. My patch fixes that.

* For the nscd-invalidate job, the passwd, group and hosts databases are
now invalidated, not only hosts.

As always, I would be happy if someone could review and apply this patch.

Best regards,
   Rickard Nilsson