> >> >   vim -c "so % | qa" "$src"
Open any arbitrary vba file and you'll see:

    " Vimball Archiver by Charles E. Campbell, Jr., Ph.D.
    UseVimball
    finish

Thus a .vba file is a file containing viml code itself. And I'm sure
you'll understand both: UseVimball and finish.

Because % refers to the current file that just evaluates the viml code
contained in the current buffer. It still does not contain the target
directory. Now it should be clear why your effort must fail.

You may also want to have a look at
https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-haskell
which automatically reconfigures cabal if you add dependencies.
However it depends on vim-addon-actions. VAM knowns about those poor
mans dependencies - nixx doesn't (yet).

Additionally you may want to give hack-nix a try: It automatically
builds haskell packages based on your cabal file *and* it automatically
creates tag files.

If you're interested ping me off list so that I can help you getting
started. Of course - if haskell-packgaes.nix just works for you ignore
this offer

Yours
Marc Weber