On 24 July 2012 17:55, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dols...@logicblox.com> wrote:
> Reverted to ffmpeg 0.10 for the moment because this blocks NixOS releases.

Right, ffmpeg changes should IMHO be in a separate branch anyway (e.g.
stdenv), there are loads of transitively affected packages. Moreover,
the compatibility between ffmpeg branches seems low (no easy branch
switching here).

What do you (anyone) think about the kind of solution I tried in
https://github.com/vcunat/nixpkgs/commits/vlada/video2 ? Would this be
acceptable?

Most importantly, I really dislike having several almost identical
expressions in the repository. Those for ffmpeg should IMO only differ
in some 2-5 lines and the rest is common, so I would prefer to solve
such situations similarly like I did, by conditioning.

Vlada