Hello Nixers seeking some entertainment!

I also did an attempt to make Steam working in NixOS. I have used a chroot
approach and for me it seems to work fine. I was capable of deploying and
running Half-Life, Half Life 2, Portal and Counter Strike and they all seem to
work fine on both on my desktop machine (with NVIDIA GPU) and notebook (with
Intel GPU).

More details:

http://sandervanderburg.blogspot.com/2013/09/composing-fhs-compatible-chroot.html

(Just search for tl;dr if you're too impatient :P)

We may need to tweak the environment a bit to get other Steam games working
that I don't know of, but the ones that I bought all seem to work.

Best,

Sander