Since the Nix language is such a nice and simple pure functional language, I
thought it would be nice to have tooling support for it in Haskell, to aid
writing lint utilities, etc.

As such, I've started a project call hnix which will implement a parser and
evaluator for Nix in Haskell.  I have the parser working for simple
expressions already (using either Parsec or Trifecta, it works with both).

My first goal is a syntax verification and linting tool; after that to see I
want to see if I can get an evaluator working for Nix programs.

I have a strong feeling that a Nix evaluator can be modeled very simply as a
loeb function over memoized IO actions, which is a theory I want to explore in
this code.

    http://github.com/jwiegley/hnix

John