Hi.

On 09/01/2014 12:26 AM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
This post (to this ML) says pretty much what I think about systemd and
why I hate it:

     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/13967

I take these things more as a joke. It is even more extreme than to say that KDE or GNOME is eating all desktop apps. To me systemd seems more like a collection of well-defined subprojects.

People often complain about not having an alternative, but I've never seen anyone seriously put an effort into adding an alternative into NixOS. It should be easier than in most distros, as we have *declarative* configuration of jobs and other things.

Vladimir