On 09/08/2014 08:08 PM, Richard Wallace wrote:
Well, the mongoDB package isn't the only one that I want to get a
specific version of.  We originally built it with a sandbox and used
`cabal freeze` to make sure everyone is using the same versions.  So
there are a number of such packages and I was hoping for something a bit
more automated.  Perhaps I can script something to make it a bit easier
to maintain.

(CC @peti, as the thread concerns versioning of haskell packages in nixpkgs.)

You can use cabal2nix to generate the .nix file for a specific package version.

Vladimir