If only I knew what I was doing ....

Linux Mint modprobe configs just gets a response that configs does not exist

Linux Mint modprobe -c does generate a long list. The first and last
entries are:

alias symbol:tua9001_attach tua9001
alias symbol:zl10353_attach zl10353

If this is what is wanted, how do I send it (attachments allowed?) and
if not, where should I look (or specific modprobe options and arguments)?

It was also suggested that a full dmesg log would help, but that may be
difficult as I am booting from the nixos live-cd. Perhaps not impossible
if the output could be directed to my flash drive. I think I might be
able to make text changes to the .iso (use Peazip to extract the
contents and ImgBurn to regenerate the .iso), if some guidance as to
what and where.

I remain suspicious that this is a device identification problem (like
deciding that since the drive is SATA III the controller must be as well
(it's actually SATA II). Since I can look into the text portions of the
.iso, where should I look? I'd like to see how it compares to the
gparted live-cd .iso (it should be far less complex than the Linux Mint
and certainly can run my drive).