Just listing the current possible methods for configuring /sys (I haven't tried all of them):

* Configuring a custom systemd service to run on boot that just executes something like `bash -c 'echo ... > /sys...`
* Setting up a udev rule: http://serverfault.com/a/636759/147813
* Use systemd's tmpfiles.d and write a rule that writes a parameter to /sys: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/tmpfiles.d.html * Use `/etc/sysfs.conf` or `/etc/sysfs.d/` and package up the systemd sysfsutils.service (this doesn't exist in Nix/NixOS currently).

Perhaps the primitive in Nix could use of them as a backing. The configuration primitive could be`boot.kernel.sys` or `boot.sys`.