> The problems I'm facing is mainly the fact that the taskserver wants
> to create certificates and keys[1]. A follow-up problem will be the
> creating of users on the taskserver.
What about describing which kind of user(s) you mean? /etc/passwd ones?
See MySQL service for instance and ids.nix.

Certificates: Apache and similar have settings to tell it which
certificates to use. You want to look at similar services like
ssh/dovecot/... how it is done. I'm unsure.

There are two choices: Either use a pre startup script to create them
(eg mysqlinit or such gets used this way) - or allow user to set paths.

Usually its nice if things "just work" which means generating
certificates.

Eg mysql does not populate time zone info (mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /etc/zoneinfo/ |
mysql)
should it be done? the MYSQL_TZ function requires it (otherwise it returns null)

If nobody has a strong opnion just be the maintainer and make a choice ?

Testing services see nixos/tests/* How to run? See nixos/release.nix or
release-combined. nix-build -A tests.firwall -f release.nix or such.
(I didn't run any test for a long time).

Marc Weber