On 02/28/2016 02:59 PM, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> On 28 February 2016 at 14:19, Domen Kožar <do...@dev.si> wrote:
>> For your reading pleasue
>> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit/wiki/Similar-projects#nix
>
> Seems we need to (1) package Subsurface and (2) implement recursive
> Nix(?) so that expressions can be fetched from upstream repos
> directly.

Fetching expressions is something else than the author wants.
Third-party binary packages for nix can be provided, and we have those
one-click installs for that. Of course one would have to have some
package manager on the system already (Nix in this case), which is
considered a large disadvantage by them.

BTW, I tried their Chromium AppImages and without success, at least on
NixOS. So much for running on any Linux.
$ /some/path/Chromium-50.0.2644.0-x86_64.AppImage
-bash: /some/path/Chromium-50.0.2644.0-x86_64.AppImage: No such file or
directory

--Vladimir