Fascinating. Have you heard of CFEngine's "Convergent Fixedpoint" idea? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFEngine#Convergence

On 11/08/2016 7:21 PM, Christian Kauhaus wrote:
Am 10.08.2016 um 00:29 schrieb Arnold Krille:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 19:54:10 +0100 Luca Bruno <lethalma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Except that the existing world and software is not reproducible and
revertable.
[...]
Thanks to Nixos I can set my server back to the system configuration
from four months back. Apart from the user data of course.
<philosophical>

Systems management always decomposes into congruent, convergent and divergent
realms. The aim of Nix (as I understand it) is to grow the congruent realm. Of
course, the other realms won't go away.

For those interested, I've written a blog post some months ago which explains
these realms and how they relate to NixOS:

https://blog.flyingcircus.io/2016/05/06/thoughts-on-systems-management-methods/

</philosophical>

HTH

Christian