I would rather see it as a convenience.
The package is in your store anyway, so better make it available in user
shells.

With mysql for example, having the mysql command in your path is not
strictly necessary, but it would be really annoying not to have it.
Forcing users to install it in their own environments could even lead to
version mismatches.

If exposing a package from its service happens to be annoying (for
whatever reason),
may I suggest suggest to pull-request an opt-out option for it ?