Hi,

I managed to figure it out in the meantime. The solution is quite simple, add an XML snippet like that to the Hydra extraConfig option:

  services.hydra = {
    enable = true;
    extraConfig = ''
      binary_cache_secret_key_file = ....
      <githubstatus>
        jobs = test:test:test
        inputs = src
        authorization = Basic {BASE64 of user:pw}
        excludeBuildFromContext = 1
      </githubstatus>'';

What I found really confusing is that the Hydra config file is a mix of XML snippets and INI style values. It took me quite some time to figure out that the XML snippet really goes into the Hydra config file.

Some more "documentation" can be found in the original PR ( https://github.com/NixOS/hydra/pull/280 ).

Cheers, Philipp