enableParallelBuilding is disabled by default, because it often
introduces non-deterministic build behaviour.

How can I check whether the builds will behave nicely?
I think executing twice on the same system would often result
in quasi-deterministic behaviour.
Do we have CI automation in place that can detect stuff like that?

What are general hints to whether stuff might be (non)deterministic?

We should als document why parallel building is disabled by default.

Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es
May take up to five days to read your message. If it’s urgent, call me.
nix-dev mailing list