On 16-12-15 11:30am, zimbatm wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I have been thinking on how to communicate to newcomers and I have come to
> the conclusion that "nixpkg" is the best term to talk about our ecosystem
> as whole.

I’d like to paint the <s>city</s>shed red. :)

But seriously, the solution is to be very clear about
which part of the ecosystem one is referencing:

nix         : the package manager
nixpkgs     : the package set
nixos       : the distribution part
nixexprs    : the pure functional language
nix modules : the module system
derivations : the building block of everything

And never assume the other side knows what you mean.

A high-level overview on nixos.org might be a nice idea.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es