Vladimír Čunát <vcu...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 02/11/2017 03:26 PM, Stefan Huchler wrote:
>> Maybe we could talk about the status of the project wiki or other
>> documentation, if there would ways to improve that.
>
> Status of the wiki is being discussed right now:
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/22599 and the rest of
> documentation is also touched lightly in there.
>

> I'm convinced the stable releases are worth it!  In the last several
> months NixOS has been patching every single CVE reported in a larger
> distribution (through LWN tracker) and backporting all those to the
> stable releases.  I really find it *amazing* that we manage that
> consistently.  There are occasional breakages due to some of the
> updates, but that's hard to avoid completely and I don't think there
> have been many.  (There's also the advantage of --rollback :)

I did not claim that stable releases are not worth, that was the
original suspect from 1 2 months ago, and it was just a question because
I wanted to learn what policies you have.

To the rollback feature, the problem is that you have no real seperation
between configuration and packaging.

That leads for me to have 1 packaging set that works ( a old version
from last year), but with a wrong vpn server write-only in the openvpn
settings) and a new profile with the correct openvpn configuration but a
broken openvpn package version.

So is there a way to rollback the --update action, so that new
configurations still use the old packages? Else for my problem
--rollback is no solution.