You are missing few required parts in your configuration.

If you are deploying to the VM installed from CD or somethign like that you
should get that in /etc/nixos/hardware-configuration.nix (or you can
generate that with some command). There are settings about filesystems and
boot options. Copy that to your config (or just put in "import" section).

> Here are more details to my previous message:
>
> I'm getting the following error, when deploying this
> (http://lpaste.net/353990) config to a remote nix machine:
>
> nixops deploy -d network
> building all machine configurations...
> error:
> Failed assertions:
> - The ‘fileSystems’ option does not specify your root file system.
> - You must set the option ‘boot.loader.grub.devices’ or
> 'boot.loader.grub.mirroredBoots' to make the system bootable.
> (use ‘--show-trace’ to show detailed location information)
> error: unable to build all machine configurations
>
> Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Tomasz Czyż