Dear NLopt-discuss members,

Our recent publication titled "Benchmarking NLopt and state-of-the-art
algorithms for continuous global optimization via IACOR" has been published
in Elsevier's Swarm and Evolutionary Computing (DOI:
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.swevo.2015.10.005).

Abstract:
*This paper presents a comparative analysis of the performance of the
Incremental Ant Colony algorithm for continuous optimization (IACOR), with
different algorithms provided in the NLopt library. The key objective is to
understand how various algorithms in the NLopt library perform in
combination with the Multi-Trajectory Local Search (Mtsls1) technique. A
hybrid approach has been introduced for the local search strategy, by the
use of a parameter that allows for probabilistic selection between Mtsls1
and the NLopt algorithm. In case of stagnation, a switch is made based on
the algorithm being used in the previous iteration. This paper presents an
exhaustive comparison on the performance of these approaches on Soft
Computing (SOCO) and Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC) 2014
benchmarks. For both sets of benchmarks, we conclude that the best
performing algorithm is a hybrid variant of Mtsls1 with BFGS for local
search.*

We hope the paper would be beneficial to the members of this list as a
reference for selection of algorithms to use, as well as a benchmark to
assess their performance on optimization functions of similar nature.

Thanks
Dr. Udit Kumar
IIT-Delhi, India