From: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:nlug-t...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jack Coats
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 18:25
To: NLUG
Subject: [nlug] text to binary to text command line utility

I thought I remembered a unix utility that would convert a binary file to
a text file in 'hex' format, typically to allow emailing a binary.

And the corresponding decoding utility to re-build the binary from the
text.

I can't seem to remember the commands or at least can't seem to find them
on my Ubuntu 8.04 system.