On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:31:50AM -0600, Jon Moore wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Chris Faulkner <cfaulkne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Ooo Arch is very nice... forgot about that.
>
> Will arch run on this?  I've never really paid much attention, but I
> know it's only for i686
> and up.  Does that include this processor?

I ran arch on a P2 Deschutes a couple years ago. I'm not sure if it'll work or
not on a Klamath or Tonga, but it's worth a shot.. I think all you need to run
arch is the MMX instruction set.. maybe SSE. Technically the way it's
classified seems all you need is a P6 (or higher) based intel processor, or on
the amd side... an  Athlon or above.

It's at least worth a shot.. If the install cd boots, then you're good.. if it
doesn't, well.. not so much then ;)

-Igneous