Andrew Farnsworth wrote:
>    I'm considering moving my email service to google apps and I have my
>    own domain name.  Anyone have any experience with this and making the
>    switch without loosing email?

I use Google Apps for several domains and have migrated mail from
other providers to Google Apps.  With the paid version of Google Apps,
you can do IMAP mail migration from within the Google Apps admin
interface.  I've also done mail migration using IMAP clients.

The easiest way to not lose mail is to not cancel your current mail
hosting until after the MX records have had a chance to propogate and
you've migrated any additional mail that may have come into the old mail
server.