I think Bill is onto something, here.  If your IP and DNS and MX records are
not all 100% compliant and look above board, then a lot of email servers
won't accept mail sent from you and may not deliver mail to you.

If you could find a mail relay (for both incoming and outgoing), and you
configure to DNS and MX appropriately, that may fix your problems.

Alternatively, you may want to consider having someone else host your domain
email services, rather than deal with the headache of dynamic IP addresses,
weird filtering by various ISP's, etc.

[shameless plug]
I just so happened to be doing a presentation at the Linux Fest, this
weekend, about Google Apps and how you can migrate your email services over
to Google Apps Standard Edition (completely free up to 50 users) and have
Google handle all your mail, calendar, docs, etc.)  I've 7 domains over to
Google Apps, so far.  6 of those are using Google Apps Standard Edition
(free) and one is using Google Apps for Education (also free.)
[/shameless plug]

Chris