Generally speaking, Xeon's have more cache and more cores than their desktop
equivalents and they sometimes have server-specific features before the
desktop CPU's get them.  Many server architectures require Xeon's for 4 way
SMP and features like that.  Those architectures involve a specific Socket
that is Xeon-only.  In the case of Socket 1366, there are Desktop CPU's and
Xeon's available on the same socket.

Chris