Many thanks to all that suffer my simpleton sysadmin questions. Hopefully they serve more than just my fumbling around.

Have a customer server installed in an unstable network environment where network printers go "disabled" from time to time. The quickest resolution I've found has been to connect to the server:631 cups manager and resume the printer. Would like to make this available to the manager on site.

At this point, I am connecting to the server with RDP and then putting the URL of localhost:631 into the browser. If I try to connect from another server (Windows or linux) within the LAN, the connection to <ip address>:631 is not made. Running iptables-save | less shows null.

I'm missing one step of seven to get the pizza...

Howard

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to