I have a Rosewill KVM (RKV-4UC) here at work and had issues like that with most 
*buntu distros between 10.04 & 13.04. I found that cycling through all the 
machines sometimes worked, but most of the time I had to power cycle the 
machines in order of connection to the KVM after port one (it's the main 
server) before it would. Didn't like doing that, so mostly I just moved the 
mouse receiver to the local machine.

I don't know what changed with 13.04, but everything's peachy now! 

Jim Peterson
IT Manager & Media Relations
Simpson County Library District
203 S Main St
Franklin, KY 42134
(270) 586-8397
www.gmpl.org

Paul Boniol <[email protected]> wrote:
>I've been using a Belkin SOHO KVM switch for several years, it is DVI
>video
>and USB keyboard/mouse.  It has worked pretty well.  I've occasionally
>had
>issues with the keyboard or mouse not working.  Normally unplugging the
>device and plugging it back in after a few seconds fixes the issue.  At
>worst, I've had to completely un-power the KVM for a few seconds (USB
>and
>power cord).
>
>I got a replacement Linux box.  After about 2 seconds of moving the
>mouse
>in Linux, the mouse will stop responding.  Unplugging the mouse and
>plugging it back in has no effect.
>
>Online searches largely just say that KVM's are not supported, maybe
>buy a
>more expensive one, see if that works better.
>
>It has worked fine with Linux distros in the past.  It works fine on
>this
>box when it has been booted to Windows.  It works fine in Linux for
>about 2
>seconds.
>
>The only work-around I have found is to plug a second mouse into the
>Linux
>box directly and use it for this Linux system.
>
>Any thoughts appreciated.
>
>-- 
>-- 
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>Groups "NLUG" group.
>To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>[email protected]
>For more options, visit this group at
>http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
>
>--- 
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>Groups "NLUG" group.
>To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>an email to [email protected].
>For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to