Tears of joy that is! ;)

 

http://slashdot.org/story/13/08/23/1329252/ballmer-to-retire

 

For the first time since its inception, Microsoft might actually slip out
from under the thumbs of the M$OldGuard. If they are smart, they will let
some of the suppressed talent bubble up to the surface. I have long felt
that Ballmer was ordering a Pickett's Charge by repeatedly sending the
troops in for an outdated mandate. After really experiencing Windows 8
(RT) and giving it a serious chance, I was convinced that, someone(s) were
seriously out of touch with their customers. 

 

Well, at least I lived to see this. :)  Wouldn't it be funny if in the
same way Big Blue used to be Satan amongst us, and then became a huge
proponent and champion if FOSS and open ideas, now Microsoft might make an
about face and become a *true* friend to FOSS! Well, anyways, I'm not
laughing yet. 

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to