I have had very limited experience with WSD printers in Windows.  In short,
they have appeared to Windows as "offline" on occasion.  I have the
printers set up with normal 9100 or IPP as well, I just picked the other
Windows printer.  I haven't done any troubleshooting.  I just chalked it up
to Windows quirks.


On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Howard White <[email protected]> wrote:

> Today's lesson in futility is sponsored by Microsoft, who with the release
> of Vista and Server 2008, created Web Services for Devices.  WSD is a set
> of discovery tools that allow devices, notably printers and scanners, to
> advertise their capabilities and availabilities over the network that
> desktop users might thereto subscribe.
>
> The twist that we add to this story is a customer with WSD printers is
> having issues _from the Windows desktops_ but not the linux server. That
> said, something has changed.  Earlier this week, print jobs to the WSD
> printers recorded their passing to /var/log/cups/page_log but not today.
>  The jobs print, no log.  The Windows desktops are not printing at all.
>
> I know the IP addresses of the WSD printers.  I am tempted to reconfigure
> the linux side to more traditional TCP/IP:port or IPP settings.  But that
> would be fixing the part that seems to be working.
>
> All questions about firewalls are duly accepted as I have not done
> anything in that regard.
>
> <expletives deleted>
>
> Howard
>

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to