The Raspberry Pi people have a 7" capacitive touchpanel at 800x480
resolution:  https://www.adafruit.com/products/2718 - I have one, it's
critical on angle but looks good, and the touchpanel stuff works very
nicely.

They also have one about the size of the Pi itself:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2441 - haven't seen or played with one.

The Pi wants something more than an amp, and of course displays like power
too.  There's nothing to keep you from using vehicle power, though I would
recommend having a function to shut down the unit rather than just pulling
the plug.  SD cards don't tend to like losing power when they're writing.

If you don't mind slumming, the 3.5mm plug outputs stereo audio and
composite video, either NTSC or PAL.