"BDAVIDS/Goodys" writes:
>I found the ncr unix stanza in config.guess and fixed it so that it will find
>the correct system type when i run configure.
>
>When I do a `uname -m` it returns 3446A. On line 553 of the config.guess scrip
>t it tests for 3[34]?? as the return from uname -m. I added one more ? to that
> string and it successfully identified the system.

You might want to get the latest config.{guess,sub} from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config. Copy those files into your nmh source
directory. It would appear that GNU has already made the appropriate
changes to identify your system. If not, make a patch against that and
send it back to them.

>Next problem, when I run make after the configure, it runs and runs and runs,
>until it gets to the smtp part and fails with and exit 1. Below is the output
>of the make (I reran it so that only the important part would be included).

Unfortunately I don't see this error you speak off. Can you run "make distclean",
rerun ./configure, run make, and send the last few lines? Don't rerun it as you did
before, since this appears to skip the source of error.

Shantonu

|Shantonu Sen * (617)225-7269 * [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002|