I usually handle mail on my Linux mail hub from emacs using mh-e.  "It
worked yesterday, I didn't change anything and All of a sudden sending
e-mail is broken."

What still works is piping files directly to sendmail as in " cat file
| sendmail -t".  What is not working is comp -> whatnow -> send from a
command prompt.

I don't believe the "... I didn't change anything...." assertions when
I am trying to help others, but I do not know what I did to cause this
error.  This started on a RH 7.2 system but continues since I upgraded
the OS to the current RH (public) beta

post: problem initializing server; [BHST] read from pipe timed out
send: message not delivered to anyone

Any clues gratefully received,

dlg