Scott Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think release candidates belong in the ports collection.  1.1rc1
> should be relatively stable, but it hasn't been tested much at this point.
> Development has gone very slowly.    If there is enough demand, I'd consider
> making a second port, nmh-devel, as is common for some other ports.

Ehhh...I don't think there's enough demand to do that.

> Alternatively, I'd be willing to figure out how to make a FreeBSD package of
> 1.1 rc1 and make it available for download for FreeBSD users who want to give
> 1.1 a try.

I could probably come up with a package without too much difficulty...would
it make sense to stick it in savannah's download area for the nmh project?

Or maybe just assume that most people who would want to play with the RC
code might be able to build it for themselves and not worry about it? I
don't know...being kinda swamped at work right now, I'm inclined to go that
way unless there's some sort of outcry :).

Scott