I am thinking about writing a postproc, using Ken Hornstein's example as a
template (though I will probably use Java rather than bash). It will invoke
whom and examine its output. I can find no documentation about whom's
non-error output format. Here is my conjecture about it.

Each output line (I don't particularly care how lines are delimited) is
exactly one of:

     A string beginning with zero or more white space characters followed by a
     '-'

     A string containing exactly one address as a substring.

Is this conjecture true? If so, can I count on it remaining true?

    Norman Shapiro