Ken Hornstein wrote:
...> - Messages in IMAP are immutable, so if you overwrite ~/mail/inbox/42, in
   theory you should get a new UID for that message.  But maybe our "internal"
   IMAP implementation wouldn't care.  I do wonder how UW-IMAP deals with
   that, since it claims to be able to serve up MH folders via IMAP
- The grammar for IMAP is well-defined and pretty compact; I believe you'd
   be able to minimize the client/server I/O.  I don't think a parser would
   be terrible for it.
- AFAICT, pick(1) is implementable completely via the "vanilla" IMAP
   protocol, but if I'm wrong I'd be interested in knowing about it.

--Ken

--
P Vixie

--