From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Johan Wallin
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:17 AM
To: nmusers@globomaxnm.com
Subject: RE: [NMusers] More Levels of Random Effects

Bill,
Is it really an eta you want, or is this rather solved by different error
models for the different machines?

If still want etas, one way would be to model in the same way as IOV. In the
case of intermachine-variability you would have to assume the variability
between all machines are the same... Or would you rather assume interindividual variability is different with
different machine, and you then would want one eta for TH(X) for every
machine...? It depends on what you mean by different slope every day,
regarding on what your experiments like, but calibration differences should
perhaps be taken care of by looking into your error model, eta on epsilon
for starters...

Without knowing your structure of data, a short example of IOV-like
variability would be:

MA1=0
MA2=0
IF(MACH=1)MA1=1
IF(MACH=2)MA2=1
;Intermachine variability:
ETAM = MA1*ETA(Y)+MA2*ETA(Z)

PAR= TH(X) *EXP(ETA(X)+ETAM)

$OMEGA value1
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) value2
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) same

/Johan

Johan Wallin, M.Sci./Ph.D.-student
Pharmacometrics Group
Div. of Pharmacokinetics and Drug therapy
Uppsala University